Search This Blog

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Real Steel

I just saw Real Steel, the latest robot punch-'em-in-the-face movie, and I have to say, I was a little disappointed. Even the sci-fi action genre has been infiltrated by corniness and sappiness. I mean, I'm not complaining (there was a robot with two heads--- TWO HEADS!), but it was just so CANNED! Someone literally made a movie out of Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots! It was one of the most predictable movies I have EVER seen.
So, at the end of the day, Real Steel can't really deliver. 5 out of 10 stars.
But the true insanity of the movie wasn't in the movie itself-- it was in my personal movie experience, which was one of my most intense. Me and my friends Ben and Luis went to see it yesterday right after school, and we all sat in the back. I started flicking popcorn into my mouth, but I accidentally launched it out into the theater, making some guy turn around and say 'Knock it OFF!'. We ended up sitting all over the theater, because if security came, we didn't want to be associated with the seats in the back.
I was GOING to apologize to the guy, but then I ran into him in the bathroom, and he didn't wash his hands. So forget it.
Then on the walk home, we stopped to help this little old lady put a chest of drawers into her car. Luis and Ben grabbed the drawers, and I took the chest. We put it in the car, but then Luis got all pissed because they didn't give him any money. We got back to my house, and my mom told me to wash my hands, and I said out loud:
"I don't need to wash my hands, I just went to the bathroom at the movie theater, and I didn't touch anything on the way home. Oh, wait-- I touched that woman's chest."
Needless to say, some explaining had to be done.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment