Search This Blog

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Not Enough Time

After a week of planning to go see Tower Heist and A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas, me and my friends realized neither were playing at Fairfax Five Theaters (the first theater in the US to have full solar power! Whooo!). So instead of dropping our plans, we all went to see In Time.
Normally I would never have gone to see this thing, but you have to understand--- we were desperate. Unfortunately, we got in after the 'Turn off your electronic devices' notice, and both me and Luis's phones went off. At least mine didn't play 'Teach Me How to Dance'.
Anyway, back to the movie. It was incredibly strange. Apparently, in the future, everyone has a little clock on their wrists that 'times out' when they turn 26. The only way to live any longer is to make more time by working and stuff. It's a bit of an oddity.
Rotten Tomatoes sure as hell didn't like it--- it's currently at 38%--- but I have to say, it wasn't awful. I'd give it... 5/10 stars, mainly because of the plot (and definitely not because of the acting). Some of the special effects looked like people were using 'Hot Wheels' as model cars. And once the premise got going, you're left with 30 minutes of basically dead air. But I did like the timeliness of it (no pun intended), in the sense that the rich can effectively live forever.
After the movie, me and Benny realized we had about eight minutes before we had to get back to my house (we had spent half an hour trying to see how long Luis could go without doing something stupid), so we ran like HELL. It seemed kind of familiar... running, checking the time on a little green display on your wrist... I dunno.
Well, there's my review. Oh, and sorry I didn't blog yesterday.
I just didn't have enough time on my hands.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment