Search This Blog

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rush Hour

I got in my car in the early morning,
Heading for the freeway in perfect timing.
I had enough time to get off to work
But I came across one tiny quirk.

I had not counted on traffic today
The radio said my drive would be okay.
I shouldn't have listened, but sure as heck did
And so I got caught in an hour's traffic. F

Trapped in my mini convertible car
I wished I was away very far
I hoped and I prayed to clear a path
But I guess that God was taking a bath.

The road was all jammed. I was in a mess.
So I totally did my very best
To do everything I could in my power
But I could not counter the evil RUSH HOUR.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN, MAN!!!

You have just gotten an excerpt from my poem, Rush Hour. Not much of a blog today, but highlight the following blank space to get the answer to the brain tickler: It's in the middle of it all.

I did, by the way, write the now-published poem 'I Am Winter' (Who knows why I wrote about that). By the way, Rush Hour is copyrighted. Here's part two:

Into my building, so late I arrived
That I could easily (rightly) derive
That my boss wouldn't be very happy
With my poor show of punctuality.

For 15 minutes, he yelled and he screamed
Using a workbook, my head he beaned
I couldn't wait to get out the door
But I had to work, 'cause I was quite poor.

For a complete nine hours of terror
I watched as the market turned from 'bull' to 'bear'
Quickly was I losing my cash
So I decided to make a quick dash.

I called up my brother, said I had left work
Expectedly, he was kinda irked
I explained I'd been late, his voice, it turned sour
So I then told him about the RUSH HOUR.



The last part, part three, I will include soon
So until then, in you must tune
Republicans will drive me 'round the bend
So goodbye, please have a fantastic weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment