Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2012

Resident Evil: Retribution

Good holy mother of crap--- I just saw what may be the worst movie ever made ever. It all started two weeks ago when my friend Benny came to school having a complete mindf*** about the latest Resident Evil movie. Now, I never saw Resident Evil 1-4, but I could hazard a guess about the overall quality of the series. Video game adaptations are inherently bad, with the minor and arguable exception of Prince of Persia. And I didn't expect this movie to be any different.

Me, Benny, and Luis went to see it tonight, and I was blown away. I thought it would be a fun yet empty film with little in the way of plot, but still entertaining. Boy, was I wrong. This movie was exhaustingly boring, and even the action sequences were awful. It made absolutely no effort to make any aspect of the movie entertaining, not the plot, not the acting, not the script, not the action, and most definitely not the zombies themselves.

Usually I try to say something good about every movie I review, but I really can't here. There is no redeeming value to Resident Evil at all. The dialogue is as flat as a crepe, and the lines are delivered in flat, monotone voices. It made me sick to my stomach. You might say that I didn't see the other FOUR Resident Evil movies, so I couldn't judge this one fairly. But honestly, does anyone go to see these for their plot?

What gets me about this movie is that, even though the entire planet is under complete assault by zombies, they still never run out of guns, ammo, or skintight leotards.

Seriously, someone just gave up here. This is the result of five douchebags sitting around a table saying "Oh, you know what would make a really good scene in a movie?" And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, the damn movie has Dubstep play during the final credits.

The score for Resident Evil: Retribution? Wow... does it even deserve one? I'll be generous and give it a big fat 1/10 stars. Even in the world of special-effects extravaganzas gone wrong, this is as bad as it gets. Utterly horrific.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment