Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Revolutionaries II: Calling in the Mexperts

Okay, everyone-- STORY UPDATE TIME!!! I've made it through Mexico, and am now on my way to Louisiana to see the old-timey Frenchies. You may be wondering how I have traipsed across almost 2,000 miles in 24 hours in an old Chevy Camaro, with no roads or maps. Well, in reality, it's been three months. I'm sending these posts through the space-time continuum for my future self to publish. So if you're reading this, I got out safe!

Today's School Truth: #4: Do anything and everything to avoid class. And for those of you wondering, yes, I did bring The Doodlebook back in time with me. Awesome sauce.

I did run out of gas, but was able to steal a barrel of whale oil from some Spaniards. Won't matter; they're going to get kicked out anyway. And on the way, I was able to pick up a few Mexican hitchhikers. They're sitting in and clinging onto my car right now.



I used my exceedingly minimal knowledge of the Spanish language to tell them that California would eventually come under Mexican rule, but they thought I was being ridiculous. Or maybe I accidentally said something like "Where is my father's cheese?" or something. Here, I'll let one of them type something:

Tenemos la intencion de matar a usted.

No idea what that meant. Oh, and if someone in the future could do a few things for me, that would be great-- Feed my cat, pick up my mail, water my indoor plants, check my messages and return all my calls, tend to my farm on Farmville, flush my toilets so the gaskets don't rust, and make sure nobody puts a 'For Sale' sign in front of the house.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment