Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

An Earth Day to Die Hard

Hey, remember yesterday when I talked about my Vertco Theorem for finding out which news stories are the most important? Well, today a factory collapsed in Bangladesh, killing 100 people. But the HEADLINE on Google News is "Gwyneth Paltrow Voted World's Most Beautiful Woman." Yeah. Did I call it or did I call it?

Monday was Earth Day, as opposed to every other day of the year, which I guess is just "F**k The Earth Day." However, I guess that didn't coincide with my school's schedule very well, so we had our Earth Day celebration today. It was long, exceedingly boring, crowded, and the food sucked. However, I got a free frisbee. So it was a good day.


Any day with frisbees is a good day.

Sometimes I get really pissed off with all of the 'Save the Earth' hippies, and sometimes I'm on their side. But this was not one of those days. Today, I was 100% pissed the living f**k off. Because we were given a 2-hour lunch period, I guess the teachers decided that they had been nice enough to us for one day and didn't let us go off-campus. So, being the rebel that I am, I walked over to the edge of school grounds and stepped outside the gate. Bad-f**king-ass, I know.

They didn't stop with that, though-- Every day since August 2012, I have gotten up at 7:20, showered until 7:30, gotten dressed and eaten breakfast between 7:30 and 7:45, and then left the house to walk to school at 7:50. This is only possible because my house is quite literally right across the street from my high school, and it takes me only two minutes and 40 seconds to get there. I know this because it's roughly the same length as the Beatles song In My Life, which I listen to every day. Yeah, I have a routine.

Anyway, I showed up at school today and the parking lot was deserted. Apparently today was a 'No Cars on Campus' day, and a bunch of embarrassing parents were standing in the way of traffic holding signs. When I walked past them, they started cheering me so loudly I could hear them over my iPod. And if you know me, you know how loud I listen to my iPod. So they must have thought that I had gotten up at 6:00 and trekked to school for 50 minutes just so I could proudly say that I didn't drive to school that day. LOL no.

People piss me off when they do stuff like this. If my school gave a rat's ass about the environment, they would shut off the parking lot entirely. But I guess my principal needed somewhere to park her Chevy Tahoe.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment