Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Mission: Apparently Possible

Well, I've finally gotten around to blogging about Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, which I saw about three weeks ago. Let me say this right now: I never saw MIs one through three, but all I know is this. Ghost Protocol blew me the hell away. Sure, it wasn't THE BEST MOVIE EVER, and there's still no reason to see it when you have alternatives like The Losers or The Expendables, it is pretty parkour. Tom Cruise may kind of scare you, but there are some fantastic scenes in this thing.
Really, I have a pretty big soft spot for any movie with Simon Pegg. He is in three of my favorites; Hot Fuzz, Star Trek, and Paul. And he was fantastically cast in MI4. Unfortunately, the movie didn't give us much new stuff, and aside from Tom Cruise dangling from the side of a building, the plot was a bit of a re-hash. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 93%, but I'm lowering that to 7/10 stars.
LIKE A BOSS.
On to a new topic. Science class sucks. I swear to God, we had to pick random elements from the periodic table to do reports on, and OF COURSE I get Barium. Barium is one of the most useless elements ever. It is used in X-Ray machines with some other elements and that is it. Oh, and it's used to make fireworks green. Even its number is stupid: 56. WOW. Why couldn't I have gotten an interesting element? I'm not asking for Gold, but would it hurt to give me something like Ytterbium or Cesium, which actually DO stuff? Well, Ytterbium doesn't do much, but it's an assload better than Barium.
Screw you, fate. Just screw you.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment