Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Room for Improvment

S**t went down tonight... like you wouldn't believe. I haven't been able to blog very regularly for the past few weeks, because of just a few things for school. Namely, an oral exam in Spanish, a novel in English, a memorized poem for English (again), a few dozen pages of History notes, plus a powerpoint we were supposed to do, and final exams in every damn subject.

But that's not even counting the incredible things that happened tonight. For the program I signed up for in High School, we have to put on little 10-minute plays. I originally thought the program (called ROCK) would be all about The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Greenday, and REM. But apparently ROCK stands for Revolution Of Core Knowledge. Who saw that coming?

So I had to do crap for a Drama class, which is actually way more fun than it sounds. And we owe it all to our badass teacher, Jasper. You know a teacher's great when they let you call them by their first name. There were three skits we had to do, and I drew the short straw of acting in the third one, which is presented to all the parents and teachers at Drake. Whoop-dee-f**king-doo.

Well, I PWNED! I don't want to brag, seeing as I did owe most of it to the writers (who cast me as an insane German scientist). I can play crazy in my sleep! So yeah, it went pretty well. And you wouldn't have been able to guess it from the rehearsals.


AWWWWW YEAAAAAAH. It was fun on a bun. But I'll spare you the not-so-engrossing details. The teachers recorded the entire night, and I have no doubt that it will eventually end up on YouTube. So I'll give you a link then.

There's stuff going on in the news right now, but it's 9:20, I'm tired, and this blog post has already gone on long enough. Just so you know--- if in 30 years I'm a great actor, I got my start playing Dr. Heinz Vanhousen. Yeah. Badass name.

Bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment