Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

Not-So-Funny Times

Yesterday was the ten-year anniversary of 9/11, the day that for the life of me I can't remember. In my defense, I was only four. I made this Funny Times cartoon to commemorate the tragedy.In Memoriam by Elephant Man
That is an ACTUAL QUOTE. Look it up.
The most frightening part about ANY 9/11 anniversary is that I'll come to school and say 'Well, it's been 10 years', and someone will say 'Since what?' There are actually people who don't know about 9/11. But I'm not surprised-- we have people who think King George I was one of the founding fathers and that Central America is used to describe Nebraska. If you haven't already guessed, my school is not very exclusive.
On a lighter note, I got a new bike (my knees were hitting the handlebars on the old one). It's somewhat difficult to find good bikes for me, because I'm the only 6' 1'' thirteen-year-old I know of. But this one is totally awesome-- the previous owner was in the air force and he got the bike in Okinawa, Japan.
Oh, and yes, we got the bike off of Craigslist-- see my old post Secondhand for the full story.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment