Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Moneynuts

I saw Moneyball the other day, and it was very good. As Rotten Tomatoes said, truly worthy of baseball lore. The A's have to be my second favorite baseball team, seeing as they're just across the bay from the Giants. The disappointing part is that since 2002, the A's haven't made it to the World Series.
It was much funnier than I expected, and it got 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, so...
7/10 stars. Go see it along with Contagion.
Okay, technically that's a basketball. But whatever. It's a ball. It has money on it.
Our old spanish teacher is gone, meaning I now may say whatever I want about her. Here we go: She was a COMPLETE @#$%^&*. Yeah, I just called her an @#$%^&*. On the first day, she started telling us how we need to take spanish this year so that we get into advanced spanish in high school, and I QUOTE-- 'So that your high school teachers make more money'.
On the second day, she informed us that she had taken a class to see when people were lying, and that therefore, we shouldn't 'pull anything' on her. By looking into her eyes, I could tell she was lying.
She would take people out of the class for turning their heads in a way that made her think they were talking. She accused half the class of chewing gum (no one was). As a result, half the class quit after week two.
Here's my favorite quote of hers: "It doesn't matter who's wrong, it just matters that I'm right."
So hopefully this new teacher will be better, and she seems to be. Then again, the bar isn't set too high.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment