Search This Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Secondhand

So, my room has been remodeled, and it's almost unrecognizable. The bed takes up SO much space that I had to get rid of my old stupid bedside table. Now I'm using the CPU of a 2005 Mac as my new bedside. It'll really get rid of all the stuff I used to put on my bedside table (such as The Swamp). Now I only have my digital camera, a lamp, a radio, and a drawing pad. But when you open up the CPU, you can see the secrets within (such as a laser pointer).
My parents have probably never bought anything new since 2007. Since then, everything but food has been found at a garage sale, on the side of the road with a sign reading 'FREE', or off Craigslist. This bed is no exception. We went to Ikea only to scope out which beds I liked, and came back to the computer to let dad work his magic. Whatever it is, dad can find it for something cheaper. The last new thing he bought was our car, a Volvo S40, and it took him a year to finally decide on it. Ugh.
You can really never go wrong with free stuff. I was walking around the neighborhood the other day when I found a free shoe rack. Actually, the guy was moving, and it was just sitting on the curb. I'm sure he didn't want it anyway.
Since then, we've gotten lamps, bed frames, computers, statues, plants, and firewood either for free or off Craigslist. Scary.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment