Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

21 Jump Street

I went to see 21 Jump Street earlier today. Apparently it was based off of an old 90's TV show that no one on the face of the f***ing planet had ever heard of before... but whatever. Pretty much anything with Jonah Hill is going to be good, but this was even better than I expected. First off, it was much cruder than I though it was going to be, which is always good. Second, it had more emotional depth, which is a thumbs-down. Oh, and 'Channing Tatum'? What the hell kind of a name is that? You might as well be named 'Englebert Humperdink'.
Wait, he exists?
At the end of the day, it was a worthy film, but it doesn't quite stack up to others of the genre (The Hangover, Paul, Borat, Project X, etc). It had some memorable moments, like when Jonah Hill gets stabbed without knowing it, or the angry black police captain who knows he's a stereotype and leverages it. So, final score for 21 Jump Street? (DRUMROLL, PLEASE)...
7 1/2 out of 10 stars! I give any movie I mostly enjoyed seven stars and any movie I want to buy if I get it at a garage sale eight stars, so this should fit right in. By the way, here's the official listing of my movie rankings:
10: I already own it (Raiders of the Lost Ark).
9: I'm buying it as soon as it comes out on DVD (50/50).
8: Not bad... (Chronicle).
7: It was good, except for Nicholas Cage (National Treasure).
6: Maybe the sequel will be better (Watchmen).
5: EXPLOSIONS BUT NO PLOT! Awesome (The A-Team).
4: WTF? (The Core)
3: Someone was high when they wrote this screenplay... (Terminator: Salvation).
2: Everyone involved in this movie should be ashamed (Hugo).
1: Everyone involved in this movie should die (Clash of the Titans).
0: Here be Dragons (You don't want to know).
So, in the end? It didn't have Nicholas Cage. There you have it. I expect you to use my scoresheet when doing your own movie ratings or reading mine (hint: READ MINE.)
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment