Search This Blog

Thursday, June 14, 2012

iRobot

AWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAA!!!!! I GOTS AN IPOD!!! YO TENGO UN IPOD!!! ME GUSTAAAAAAA!!!!
After months of careful deliberation, my dad, in his infinite wisdom, has bought me an iPod. And it is so beautiful. Taking an iPod out of its case for the first time is like witnessing a birth (but much less grody). It is the newest member of our household.
Unfortunately, this was marred by the sudden realization that I have to complete 35 hours of community service in order to graduate High School. Are you f***ing kidding me? I didn't do anything to deserve this. Every single person in the High School I'm about to go to is going to have to work for 35 goddamn hours in order to graduate. It sucks.
However, I have found a way around it: I'm gonna do a little phone relay thing. I'll get the form for community service, and fill it out, saying that I worked for a few hours every day at the Human Fund. I'll design a website, write a slogan (The Human Fund: Money for People), and give it a fake phone number. That number will actually direct the suspicious school officials to my old, broken phone in my living room, which I will have hooked up for a few months of service. Once they call, either I will pick up, or the answering machine will lead them through an endless amount of steps in order to 'Speak to a live Operator'.
I don't know if that qualifies as LESS work than actually DOING the community service, but I don't care. It's a point of pride. I never work within the system.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment