Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Ted

I'm writing this from my friend Connor's house, where I'm listening to The Black Keys while listening to Calvin and Luis rage-quitting on Black Ops. It's really funny to hear how loud they get over the littlest things. They get killed once and it's "NO! NO! F*** THIS S***!!!" But I don't care. Unless they read this, I will not be in the direct path of their rage.
We were originally going to go see Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter today, but it stopped playing in theaters because it was so bad. So we went to see Ted, the first movie by Seth McFarlane, the creator of Family Guy. In reality, I really hate Family Guy. I think it's a terrible, deranged Simpsons rip-off with the same wit and wisdom of a fried eggplant. But screw it, the movie looked really good.
This was actually a really funny movie, better than the somewhat disappointing "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World". But that doesn't save it. Ted had merely okay performances, annoying Boston accents, and just felt really, really bland. It was like a hybrid of three different movies, one about a talking teddy bear, another was a romantic comedy, and another was an homage to Flash Gordon. Just... watch it. You'll understand.
Oh, and I hate Mark Wahlberg, or whatever his name is. He is terrible.
So, the final score for Ted? 6/10 stars. Worth a viewing, and definitely much better than the other, less-funny summer failures like The Dictator.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment