Search This Blog

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Channel Flipping

I have to say, the past year or so with my parents has surprised me. Usually, they are so cheap that I began to think it was some sort of genetic mutation, but in the past year, they went on a trip to London and Paris, finally worked up the courage to buy me an iPod, and now... this... a 42'' HD Panasonic Flat-Panel TV, plus a Blu-Ray Player and three (count 'em) THREE remote controls.
This means that, for the first time in three years, our household will be getting actual TV. 120 channels, from Ancient Aliens to The Televised Cody, Wyoming Pancake Prayer Breakfast. And here's a shocking revelation for you:
95% OF THE STUFF ON TV IS PURE CRAP.
I know, it's hard to believe. You would think that people would use the most innovative and accessible source of information for good purposes, but no: Most of TV is devoted to stuff like this:
KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!
So I had to take a quick break from it all and stare at another, different glowing screen. But this whole new technological development is just leading up to another, far more massive event: Now that I have procured my flat-screen TV, I can justify buying a goddamn Xbox 360. And while the peeps may say now that it's completely useless, my guess is that dad will be suffering from a clinical addiction to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 before the year is out.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment