Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

COUNTDOWN TO SUMMER: PART TWO

The last day of school was today. Being in the band, I had to play 'Pomp and Circumstance' for the eighth grade graduation. Tomorrow is the first official day of summer vacation, and tonight we're watching DA TERMINATAH with our infamous governator.
So, on the first day of school, we wrote letters to ourselves and sealed them in envelopes. We just opened them today. So here's mine:
Dear Me:
First off, I've gotta tell you: You'd better have a cell phone. I STILL don't have one, but my birthday is creeping up...
Oh, is time travel possible yet? If so, you've gotta write me back. Send the letter to 9:25 am at room 303 on August 22, 2010.
I haven't gotten a letter yet. Crap.
Are you still friends with Ben, Luis, Cody, and the gang? What level are you on CODMW2? I'm level 27, and PAINFULLY CLOSE to getting the Aug Hbar.
7th grade is just starting today. Huzzah. I have to say, though, it's already looking like a pretty good year (I may be wrong). You don't know how lucky you have it-- I'm currently looking at 179 more days of school, while YOU have 2 1/2 months of summer coming at you. You lucky twit.
One quick thing-- don't you DARE waste your upcoming summer. Take it from someone who recently squandered his: Go to New York. Or make dad take you to Hawaii (don't let him stay at the cheapest hotel). Do SOMETHING.
You can probably draw better than this, can't you? Damn! I can't WAIT to be you.
Quick- everyone's finishing their letters and we're wrapping this activity up. If you see Cody, punch him in the arm and tell him you weren't responsible for it: Your past self told you to do it.
Bye!
P.S.: Does ANYONE write letters anymore?
So, to answer any and all questions, I'm level 62, I punched Cody in the arm VERY hard, I'm still friends with everyone, and we're going to Europe in five days, thereby not wasting the summer. And this year was my best school year ever-- made possible by my science teacher, the coolest teacher I've ever had. I hereby declare October 21st in honor of THE BEST F'N teacher on the planet, who unfortunately is leaving to teach somewhere in central California.
Sayonara, Capybara.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post, G. Does your best-ever teacher know how you feel? He may not read the blog. I really hope you told him the same thing you said here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, G. Does your best-ever teacher know how you feel? He may not read the blog, so I hope you've told him exactly what you've said here. Teachers need recognition, too, but they rarely get it...
    Jan H.

    ReplyDelete