Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

European-You're 'a Peein'

Five days of school left. This means I've slogged through 175 long, looooooooong days of pure torture/hell. But in many ways, the last few days are the most excruciatingly difficult. Math tests, science tests, spanish tests, english... okay, actually we're watching a movie in english. But that's still three out of four.
As of next Tuesday, we will have exactly one week until we're in Europe. I can't wait. The Euros and Pounds arrived today. They're ridiculous. Here, take a look:
That's monopoly money if I've ever seen it. They look like they were designed by six-year olds as wall hangings for their kindergarten classrooms. They're all glittery and stuff. And what's worse is that we only got twenties! I wanted to 'collect them all!!!'
Oh, and my apologies if I offended anyone reading this blog from an EU country. I did not intend offense when I said your currency looks like something you'd find in the bottom of a cereal box.
Fortunately, no one in this family is a particularly generous spender. We're not coming home with plastic Eiffel Towers or life-size inflatable Elizabeth II dolls. As I said in a post many, many moons ago, it took my parents forever to finally buy a new car. BTW, click HERE to read that post (entitled 'Secondhand').
While we're on the topic of links, check out THIS link. It goes to my friend Ben's website, Shmuff.com, which he actually had to buy. I don't know who the money went to, but I have a feeling-- It's in that big, massive computer database in the sky. And yes, his website is a tad... simplistic. But whatever. It's still pretty cool.
Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I like your blog, and want you to visit mine, if you can, and follow if you will and I will follow you also....?

    Sincerely,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete