Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Falafel Turn of Events

Tuesday is over, and the five-day Thanksgiving break I have has begun. I am in heaven, or I would be if I didn't have to write a script for Drama, read a play for Drama, watch a play for Drama, read a book for English, and memorize a poem for English. Yeah, high school sucks.

The violence in Israel has continued for a week now, and it may be winding down. But personally, I doubt it. In 100 years, people may look back on this as the beginning of some massive war in the Middle East. And I am DONE taking sides.

Seriously. All those damn middle eastern countries are on their own as far as I'm concerned. America may be the world's greatest superpower, but we cannot be expected to be the world's police. If a country wants us to help out with something like a minor ethnic cleansing problem, sure, we'll send aid. But we shouldn't let ourselves be dragged into another World War.

With the exception of Iran, I couldn't care less about the Mideast. They are going to end up blowing each other up over whose imaginary friend is better. It sickens me. People talk about how religion has helped the world grow and expand, as if humanity couldn't have figured that out without it. But wake up, people: Religion has done far more harm than good, and it will continue to do so until someone realizes that this ridiculous crap is not worth killing each other over.


You know, the US has always been on Israel's side this whole time, but I think the time for taking sides is over. The only way we can get both sides to sit down and talk this s**t out without stabbing each other is if neither side feels like the other has a superpower ally to control everything with. And both Israel and Palestine have legitimate beefs. On the one hand, Palestine was just a regular, nonchalant little country until someone said "Oh, actually, you're part of Israel now. And your government, that's gone. And the international community won't even bother helping you as you go for decades without basic human rights."

But Israel... oh, poor, poor little Israel. Are we really going to let ANOTHER bad thing happen to Judaism? You would think that the international community wouldn't have a problem with giving the long-oppressed Jewish people a miniature little strip of land to call their own. But NOOOOOO!

Anyway... I'm done. Not to mention how truly AWFUL both sides are being to each other. It's horrific. If this is the beginning of a new major global conflict, I wouldn't be surprised.

And on that happy note, bye!

PS-- This is my first blog post on my brand-new laptop. Okay, slightly used, but you get the idea. Eighty bucks from some guy at school. AAWWWW YEAHHHH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment