Search This Blog

Friday, November 30, 2012

The Blahvengers

I've been exhausted all week, all because I went to see World Party perform in San Francisco on Wednesday. I bought a t-shirt and ate a whole pizza, so it was pretty awesome. Oh, and the music was good too.

If you live on Earth, you've probably heard a lot of talk about the US 'Fiscal Cliff' recently, but probably don't know what it is. I don't either, and I'm not one to talk about things I don't understand, so you won't be getting any information from me.

HA! I'm just pullin' your leg. Of COURSE I talk about things I don't understand. I'm an American. Anyway, the fiscal cliff is the US's self-imposed deadline to create a budget plan for the next year. If the plan isn't passed, it will almost inevitably trigger a new recession. So, why haven't we gotten a budget passed yet? Well, you have John F**king Boehner to thank for that. Although the Obama administration has given him several possible courses of action, he's laughed them all off.

Enter... THE SUPERCOMMITTEE!!!


Yes, the Supercommittee, whose job it was to create a bipartisan compromise between both Republicans and Democrats. I know, I know--- they were going up against incredible odds. And yes, they failed in a spectacular way that almost guaranteed box-office success.

Anyway, it's probably going to come down to 11:59 on the day of the deadline before they reach a compromise. Kind of sounds like me when I write an essay. Hey... maybe I'd make a good senator!

Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment