Search This Blog

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hole in the Ceiling

There's been some uproar in California, my home state, over a fugitive at large in SOCAL. For those of you from the other 98% of the country, SOCAL means Southern California. Try to keep up on the witty, awesome, Golden State acronyms. Anyway, the LAPD have put out a $1,000,000 bounty for Chris Dorner, a suspected cop-killer, who is at large somewhere in the area. My question: Is this actually a real thing, or just the return of the TV show 24, but on a much larger scale?

The bounty was just issued tonight, which makes things much more interesting. Maybe Dog the Bounty Hunter will try to nab this guy. Or maybe a young, aspiring bounty hunter from Marin County will...
oosgangwawa
In other news, the Grammies are tonight (no, not MY award ceremony, the Grahammies). And I wish I could say I was shocked by the results... The Black Keys have been raking in the accolades all night, from best rock album (El Camino) to best rock song (Lonely Boy). As you may remember, The Black Keys are my second-favorite band (after The Beatles), and have given us such amazing songs as Gold on the Ceiling and Howlin' for You.

 
Anyway, if you want their best songs, just buy Rubber Factory and Brothers on CD and download Gold on the Ceiling individually... El Camino isn't their strongest album. Graham Vert

What amuses me about this is that every time I go to the Fairfax movie theater, I look up to see that one of the ceiling tiles has come loose. And so me and my friends start singing...

HOLE IN THE CEILING

Up on the roof
It hangs again...
Fall on the floor
My mind can't take much more...

I... just hope it doesn't hit meeee...
NANANANANANANANA
NANANANANANA
They wanna fix my
NANANANANANANANA
NANANANANANA
They wanna fix my
HOLE IN THE CEILING
NANANANA
I ain't lyin',
Just a matter of time,
'Fore you seal it...
NANANANANA
It's all right,
Ain't no tile of mine....

Can't see the clouds
But I can see...
Mold, asbestos
About to fall on me...

I... just hope it doesn't hit meeee...
NANANANANANANANANA
NANANANANANA
They wanna fix my
NANANANANANANANA
NANANANANANA
They wanna fix my
HOLE IN THE CEILING
NANANANA
NANANANANANANANANANANANANANANAAAAAA.....

Yeah, okay... you don't need to tell me it's not very good. But hey, it's better than actually watching the previews, right?

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment