Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Mein Kampfy Chair

My class held a parliamentary debate over the Industrial Revolution today, and unfortunately, my group lost to the pro-capitalists. Of course, they had five people (including three sophomores, who had done these kinds of things before), and I was on a team with three freshmen, so... unfair much? Anyway, it's fine, because I've found another thing I'm good at: Arguing against or for anything and everything, whether I believe it or not. I'd make SUCH a good politician.

I'm also still reeling from my 500th blog post, which is quite a feat if you think about it. One day I'll print off all these posts, assemble them into a book, and put them in a box labeled 'For My Biographer.' I'm totally not self-absorbed...

But my incredible feat of pointless writing doesn't come close to matching the latest news stories this week. First, let's start in Pakistan, where the town of Abbottabad (the location of Osama bin Laden's compound) is going to be home to an amusement park. I can only assume that Disney is behind this... anyway, a lot of people don't think it's appropriate, and I tend to agree. It's like turning Auschwitz into a roller-coaster ride.


Actually, I think all Hitler was doing here was indicating that "YOU MUST BE ZIS HEIL TO ENTER!!!"

Continuing the news of the weird, the remains of King Richard III have been uncovered in a parking lot in England (or as they call it, a car park). Again, I have to say: England? WTF? First you drive on the wrong side of the road, then you use the metric system, and then you call soccer FOOTBALL??? This gives new light to the theory that Richard's famous last words were actually "A space, a space, my kingdom for a space!" I know I've said that a few times while trying to park in front of Target...

But what makes this really eerie is the way he was found. Apparently, someone walked over the spot and 'Felt a chill' or whatever. Creepy. And to top it all off, remember when the Superdome lights went out? Apparently the thing was built on a 19th-century graveyard. Sound familiar?

IT'S THE FRIGGIN' PLOT OF POLTERGEIST!!! THEY ONLY MOVED THE HEADSTONES!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAH.....

Anyway, I'm a little weirded out by the whole world at the moment. And the fact that I used a picture of Hitler on my blog doesn't help... But remember, I'm going to try to give a link to my novel about five guys going to kill him at the height of WWII. Still awaiting feedback from my English teacher... I wonder if I got a little too Tarantino-y in describing the way people's brains were blown apart.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment