Search This Blog

Saturday, August 25, 2012

News of the Weird

Hey, does it bother anyone else that 'The Los Angeles Angels' translates directly to 'The The Angels Angels'? That's gonna keep me up at night. And while we're at it, I recommend switching Iceland and Greenland. Really, someone's gotta fix that.
But this minor pet peeve of mine isn't what I'm here to tell you about today. No, I have something that is actually... pretty sad. Take a look at this painting: It's a wall mural in Spain that was in dire need of restoration. Unfortunately, the church hired... shall we say... the wrong person.
Now, I'm not a religious person, but I am an artist. And this is just f***ing pathetic. Every time I look at it, I feel sick to my stomach. If I get cancer in 20 years, it's because of this. You have to wonder about the woman who painted this. Where is she? In hiding? It's horrific. Oh, my God... I'm dying. Or maybe she's just a baboon who merely painted her own savior, Monkey-Jesus.
This is just putting salt on the wound for the Catholic Church, which has had an ongoing stream of pedophile scandals for over a year now. Again, I'm not religious, but even I wouldn't be surprised if the painter gets struck by lightning in a week or so.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment