Search This Blog

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Great Bus Crisis of '09

On Thursday I wished that Friday would be better.
It was not.
Of all the days for me to take the buses, they didn't come. My bus came and left... without picking up anyone at all. The bus line supervisors said a new bus would come any minute. It did not. So I ended up spending a whole extra hour at school. Yippee.
The first thing that happened were the cannibalistic tendencies. We were marooned with no way of escape. So, DUH, we had to eat SOMEone. We had a hard time choosing between the heaviest and most annoying kids there, but we eventually chose the annoying one. He fought us off with his backpack, however, so that was out.
That was when I noticed my band teacher cleaning out his car. We ran over to him, shoving him our bus money. But he refused to give us a ride to our houses. (Why isn't the plural of 'house' 'hice'? like 'mouse' and 'mice'?) Anyway, he drove off, leaving me screaming "THE BAND WON'T BE HELPED ANY IF I DIE!!!"
Then I saw the box of m&m trail mix sitting on the ground. FOOD! SALVATION! Even though I spotted it, everyone else jumped on it like starving sixth graders (which is what they were). They ripped the package open with their teeth, grabbed all the m&ms, and threw the remaining contents to the crows.
This reminded me of food. Which reminded me of the fact that I had a lunchbox absolutely FULL of food in my backpack. I did, however, make the mistake of yelling "WAIT!!! I HAVE A LUNCHBOX FULL OF FOOD!!!" I swear, those idiots literally POUNCED on me. When I finally found a quiet place to sit, someone yelled "Graham! Your dad's on the office phone!!!" I thought that that development was officially weird, because I had called MOM earlier to come pick me up. But I had left a message, so mom, in a fit of panic, called dad, who called the office, who told me to pick up the phone. It was arranged mom would pick me up in about 10 minutes. The crisis was over.
Or was it???????
When I left the office, the bus waiting area was deserted, covered with backpacks. It reminded me of that movie 'I am Legend'.

I crept into the gym, thoroughly freaked outta my mind. As I snuck in, one of my friends (I can't say his name on this blog) pounced on me, ready to bash my head in with a volleyball. We soon found everyone else who was left. Most people had already been picked up by their parents. I was talking to everyone, trying to decide who to eat AGAIN, when someone yelled "Graham, your mom's here!!!"
The Great Bus Crisis of '09 had been averted an hour late. I will end this blog with the letter I was going to send to our 'food's' dad.

Dear Mr. dad guy, I like to eat olives

We're sorry about your son, but we were hungry. And when the buses come late, all hell breaks loose.

Bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment