Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Who am I, Joel Rifkin?

I had an interesting experience today.
I was walking through Drake High School when I saw a blackberry bush on the other side of a chain-link fence. I couldn't get my hand through, so I used my swiss army knife to grab a few berries, which I ate. While I was chewing, the juice from the berries began to dry on the knife, so I decided to go wash it off in a drinking fountain. I was standing there, scrubbing this red stuff off of the stupid thing, saying "Dang it, why won't this $^*&$$ come off?" when a teacher rounded the corner and noticed me.
Scrubbing my knife.
With red stuff all over it.
This kind of thing happens to me far too often, like the time I set fire to the Hare Krishna temple. Oops, sorry.
I guess you would say I'm 'accident prone'. That story there sounds like a Seinfeld episode.
And now it's time for a patented Vertco® customer annoyance rally! To complain/annoy some telemarketers, call the following number and tell the story of the conversation in a comment or on your website!
415-390-2159
I, myself, just had a very interesting conversation with someone from that number. It went something like this:
Me: Yello!
Telemarketer: May I speak to the owner of your house?
Me: May I ask who is calling?
Telemarketer: This is a political phone call on behalf of the California Democratic Party.
Me: Hi, this is Murray's Pizza Plaza. I'd like a large pizza with everything to go, please.
Telemarketer: What?
Me: Gotta go! (click)
Aaaaaah, don't you LOVE that?
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment