Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Egypt: The One Next To Sudan

Well, my friend Ben has finally posted something on his blog that does not involve ripping me off or insulting me, so here's a link to his blog. It kills me to put this in. I don't know why I'm giving him the free publicity after what he said on it.
You know what? Screw it. I'll give it a few more weeks.
As you may have already noticed, I have tagged all my blogs. Now it's a snap to go find your favorites. Just click on a tag like 'Egypt' or 'Leekar', and you can see all the posts with that tag! By the way, 'Egypt' will take you to my blog about King Tut's 'Little Canopic Jar'.
Speaking of which, Egypt has finally accomplished something in the last 3,000 years! As you may know, Egypt, once a mighty empire that stretched down to present-day Ethiopia, hasn't done a damn significant or relevant thing since the time of the pharaohs.
Until now! Joining the club of North African Countries That Have Revolted Against Their Leaders in 2011 (Or NACTHRATL2011), Egypt has been thrust into turmoil after several riots more violent than a british football aftermath! By the way, the NACTHRATL2011 has more members than you may expect. Tunisia has gone through three dictators in a five-hour time span, there have been problems in Morocco, Palestine, and Saudi Arabia, and Jordan has laid off its entire presidential cabinet. And yes, I know Palestine, Saudi Arabia, and Jordan aren't in North Africa, but I needed SOMETHING to talk about.
Up until now, Egypt has been like one big museum that never changes its exhibits. I defy you to name off the top of your head one thing Modern Egypt has accomplished.
See? You can't. And you're obviously a very smart person because you've chosen to read this blog. So bravo, Egypt. It took you 3,000 years, but you've finally accomplished something of relevance that Caesar wasn't around to see. Now we need to have something happen in countries like Moldova and Uzbekistan, countries you did not even know existed.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment