Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Story of Kyle

I will now tell you the funniest story ever.
I was at my friend's house two months ago with another friend when we started talking about older brothers. I'm an only child, but I wish I had a brother, so I lied about having an older brother named Kyle. I was about to reveal that I was lying when the friend whose house I was at pulled me aside.
"So". he said. "You don't really have an older brother, do you?"
"Nah". I said.
He started giggling maniacally. "Well, let's keep this up. This is fun."
So we walked back into the dining room where the other friend was sitting. He didn't believe us, though.
"I don't believe you". he said. "If Kyle exists, call him on my cell phone" he pulled out his cell phone from his pocket and handed it to me.
"Well, I don't know his phone number, but I'll call my dad and have him patch me through to him."
So, I called my dad and, whispering so no one could hear, filled him in on the whole scam. He thought it was fun and decided to go along with it. So I put the phone on speaker, and handed it to my friend.
"Who is this?" said my friend.
In a very strange voice, my dad said "This is Kyle."
Well, he went BEZERK. He started tearing up the furniture screaming "No, no, no! I don't believe you, I don't, I don't I DON'T!!!"
And from then on, we kept the elaborate little scam going. Kyle's character developed. He was a college graduate, 23 years old, with a '94 Mustang, a girlfriend, and a dog named Scrotum. He lived in Connecticut, so we didn't have to present Kyle to anyone. We could have kept it going forever.
But we decided not to. At a sleepover at the same friend's house, we informed every friend we had gotten in on the scam that Kyle wasn't real.
So now, I have a problem: We need to do this again. And fast. This was so much fun.
All we need is a new Kyle.
I'll keep you posted on our progress.
Bye!
(PS: Here's a pic of Kyle).

No comments:

Post a Comment