Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Dumb and Hummer

I don't know about you, but this is about as dumb a thing as I can imagine:
Hummers are the biggest gas-guzzling machines ever. I can't tell you how incredibly stupid it is to own one. They get practically 10 miles to the gallon, have numerous blind spots, are so large that they endanger other drivers, and can sometimes take up two parking spaces.
This is why I've taken to a little ritual: Whenever a Hummer drives by, I roll down the window of our Volvo, stick my head out and yell 'BOOOOO!!! HUMMER!!!!'
Fortunately, Hummer is out of business, and you don't see too many of the things anymore. Maybe one a week. This is one of those rare cases where the tree-huggers triumphed: cars. Every day, you hear about new, incredible innovations in car-making technology: Green cars, electric cars, hybrid cars (my favorite of which is the Chevy Volt). Boo. Hummer.
So, being the awesome person I am, I have been trying to convince my dad to trade in our 1994 Isuzu Trooper, the gas milage of which is probably hovering around the 12 mark, by the way. There are so many alternatives now, it's scary. Which is why I've invented...
The wind-powered car.
Seen here attached to an old Mini Cooper, my wind power system will make crude oil a thing of the past. We just might have some problems going through tunnels.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment