Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

May the Farce be With You: A Star Wars Special Edition

Hello, and irrapadezz. Today's blog is short, but what I'm going to say has to be said.
In the past two years, I've noticed a fatal drop in the quality of Star Wars, starting with the Clone Wars animated movie (gag), in which a battle droid actually made a JOKE. They're droids, dummy. They can't make jokes. And then there was the pathetic episode of the Clone Wars TV series, 'Legacy of Terror', in which brain-dead Geonosians infected with zombified worms tried to kill a Jedi that I hate (Luminara Unduli). I stopped watching it after that. So, if Lucas doesn't stop making a farce of the force, I say all us Star Wars fans do something never done before: We stop worshipping the ground he has walked on.
Today's TOPIC OF INTEREST is, in keeping with my Star Wars special edition, Cad Bane, a current Star Wars: The Clone Wars character, and another reason why The Clone Wars SUCKS TO HIGH HEAVEN. Here's a pic:
Do I need to say how weird that is? I sure hope not. The guy is, like, some kind of a space cowboy or something. Of course, being a cowboy in the Star Wars universe would be hard, since they don't have any cows. Maybe they'd call him a reekboy. Or a rancorboy. Or a nerfboy. I dunno.
So far I've missed six episodes of The Clone Wars ever since I stopped watching them, and to tell you the truth, I don't miss them one stinking bit. It used to be that I'd wait every week to watch a new Clone Wars episode, and if there wasn't a new one, I'd watch a rerun. Of course, this all has to be done off the computer, since I don't have a TV. Yes, you heard me right. I don't have a TV. Call out the national guard, this has to be some kind of Geneva Convention violation.
So, anyway, our friend Cad here acts like any respectable space-cowboy. He shoots people. And apparently, George 'Don't forget he also made Howard the Duck' Lucas wants us to believe that even though all he has are a couple of guns and a really bad hat, he can go up against a Jedi in battle and win. I think Cad can be classified with other Lucas-ian failures, going down in history with:
The Ewoks
Jar Jar Binks
The 'Star Wars Holiday Special'
And the Ewok movie, 'Caravan of Courage'. Don't ask. Really don't ask.
May the farce be with you.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment