Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm Just Avatarin' Along...


Dr. Livingstone, I presume. Sorry, that was random. But as you recall, I'm trying to begin each and every one of my blogs a different way. I'm really scraping the bottom of the barrel.
So, the geo bee went fine. I didn't go on to the county bee, but I didn't expect that at all. A guy in seventh grade who ALWAYS wins the geography bees won, so there you go. I did, however end up as the last sixth grader in the bee, so that was something.
Here's a feature I don't use a lot: ERT ERT ERT BIG SPOILER ALERT! This is where I type a movie review in invisible ink. If you haven't seen the movie, Avatar, and you want to see it, do not, repeat NOT highlight the following blank space. If you want to know how it ends, but don't want to spend $11.50 a ticket on it, then highlight the following blank space with your cursor and read on! If you don't give a s*** about blue aliens and would rather go see 'Up in the Air', do whatever the hell you want, I don't care. So here we go: ERT ERT ERT BIG SPOILER ALERT!
Avatar was pretty good. I could tell half the audience was there for the blue girl, Natiri or whatever the heck her name was, because every time she came on screen, these dorky morons behind me whistled under their breath, and then looked embarrassed. But it was ruined by 3-D. I hate 3-D movies. They're full of shmuff.
All in all, I think the only reason they made this thing was for the technology and the money. Some really good directors make movies because they just want to tell a story, not make money. People like Lucas, Spielberg, Coppola... oh, never mind.
I'm assuming you saw the trailer and know the general storyline, so here's the end of the movie, summarized. The movie ends with the humans repelled and such, so they can never return to Pandora again. And our hero becomes a blue person forever and 'mates for life' with the blue girl.
So, that was my Avatar review. And with the new MAD Magazine issue coming out soon, I can already tell you: The Usual Gang of Idiots is going to have some fun spoofing that thing.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment