Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day One...












I have returned from my... fascinating trip. Today's TOPIC OF INTEREST is my three-day vacation... Day One.
On the first day, I ended up in the car at 8:24 for around three freakin' hours with my dad's 'Beatles' CD blasting 'Maxwell's Silver Hammer'. Listening to that ^$^&%$&)(-ing song for that long was enough to drive me batty. We got to the hotel and checked in. It was pretty nice; we got fresh-baked cookies from 7:00 to 4:00 and a pool and cable and free breakfast and a mini bar and... etc.
We got up to our room on the second floor and after some trouble with the key, we got in, collapsed, watched cable TV for a half an hour, and then went to the Lake Shasta Dam. I will pause my heartbreaking tale of woe to show you some select pictures from this d*mn dam.
After returning from our dam adventure, we got the concierge' to tell us the names of some good places to eat. The first place, a Mexican joint, smelled terrible. The second place was a Denny's, which we didn't even go into. The last one was purely bad, but we ate there anyway, seeing it was better than 'Hal's Eat-'Em-Up'.
We returned to our room and watched 'Ocean's Eleven' on TV along with some 'Seinfeld' and 'Friends' re-runs. We fell asleep, knowing full well that the next day was going to be better than the first.


TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment