Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day Three...




We woke up the next morning and left the ^&*&^* town. But first, we got some photos of our hotel. It was actually an OK hotel. We returned to another roadway nightmare, ending up taking a pit stop at a Starbucks. The whole trip was, in all, weird. To debate its merits, I am joined by my dad. Dad?

The trip was, well, a car trip with a hike in the middle. But what a hike! A three hour hike at 8000 feet with a volcanic mountain above you, snow underfoot, steaming sulfuric pots, and a donut in the pack. Along with some water of course. My only disappointment was that the mud pots weren't very active, but that's okay. I was also surprised that some people were attempting to make this hike in sandals and shorts -- while others had hiking gear, trekking poles, food and water. Guess which ones made it to Hell. All-in-all, a great trip!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaah, dad. I now call that... Nightmare... at 8,000 Feet!!!!!! (a rip-off of The Twilight Zone's 'Nightmare at 20,000 feet'). We got home, and I blogged this blog. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment