Search This Blog

Monday, December 21, 2009

Better Know a Species

Okay, everyone. The year's events are all beginning to come together. The Health Care Bill will be voted on (and, hopefully, passed) on Christmas Eve. Also, this is my NINETY-SEVENTH BLOG!!!! Which means that in 3 blogs, I will hit 100. I'm trying to do a blog every day from now until Christmas Eve, in honor of the Health Care Bill's 'rite of passage'.
I'm introducing a new feature, ripped off from Stephan Colbert. He made 'Better Know a District', where he travels around the US getting to know congressional districts better. So my new feature is 'Better Know a Species', where you get to know the human genus better as I explain different branches of it. Today's genus: Lone Psychos!!!
Lone Psychos are a difficult species to catch on tape, so I laid a stucco wall trap for them. Soon, thousands of Psychos had gathered to tear the stucco off. Here is a photo that I got from that elusive encounter:


Um.... fine. So, anyway, after the Lone Psychos swarmed the wall and removed all the stucco, they finally ate each and every one of each other. The last one standing cannibalized
himself. No wonder this species is going extinct.
And also, it's the first day of winter!!! My butt is bulging! Sorry, that was a spaz out. And
that means that it's time to advance the 'ol ANNUAL CHRISTMAS COUNTDOWN!!!! Only three days until CHRISTMAS EVE, and that means we have only three days until CONGRESS VOTES ON THE HEALTH CARE BILL!!! WHOOOOOO!!!! And we have four days until CHRISTMAS DAY! HOW SHMUFF!!!
This was a short blog, so here's another guest blogger feature! This is my friend, _______. He moved to another school two years ago and loves all animals besides dogs.
On Saturday I participated in the Christmas bird count. We got a total of 103 species. Our old leader Mike retired this year so our new leader was Andy. We only had five counters this year. But we covered 20 miles.
That was a guest blogger. I'll blog soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment