Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Guys and Trolls

So, the White Hill idiot brigade put on another dumb play (see my previous post, Bad Acting Island). This one was Guys and Dolls, a play I only previously knew the existence of because George bought two tickets to it for Jerry in the Seinfeld episode 'The Outing'.
I know I've said it before, but the playhouse is SUCH a wreck. The ceiling is literally smothered in cobwebs, and you can see dust swirling around in the air. It's sickening. I spent the whole play doing three things:
1) Hoping a huge tarantula wouldn't land on my head anytime soon.
2) Sleeping. But unfortunately, my idiot friend kept shaking me and saying 'Hey, Graham, look! Eric's in the play!'
3) Hiding. My friend Ben sat next to me for the whole play, even though we were only supposed to sit with our homerooms. My evil, evil homeroom teacher kept peeking over and saying in his demented nasally voice 'Excuse me, you shouldn't be sitting here' to EVERYONE except Ben. My friend Luis got busted twice, once at the very beginning, and again at the intermission. There were some REALLY intense moments. Luis was RIGHT next to Ben and he didn't ever notice. He must have assumed Ben was Willp.
He even sat down on the stairs next to us. I was sure we'd be busted. It's like he was blind or something. Then I postulated the theory that he knew that Ben was there, but didn't move him just to mess with our heads. Fortunately for me, I was in the same car as the teacher, a black Dodge Dakota, so on the way back I asked him. Here's the transcript:
Me: Do you know who I was sitting next to the whole time?
Teach: Tayler.
Me: No, on my other side.
Teach: Why don't you know?
Me: I don't know his name.
Teach: Well, all the homerooms were sitting next to each other.
Me: Well, I'm really confused now.

So that goes to prove my point. This guy is totally out of it. As for the play, I just sat there eating Orange Head candy stuff and zoning out. There was some mention of Havana, and something about a mission. I asked someone later. It sounds like I didn't miss much.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment