Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's Raining, it's Pouring, the Old Man is Boring

We're getting a TON of rain here in Marin County, so since I can't go outside, and I sure as hell don't want to play chess with my parents, I decided to blog again. Not that there isn't plenty to blog about.
For instance, Libya has been completely thrust into a brutal civil war. Gee, what else is new? I haven't exactly been covering this story extensively, so I'll give the general synopsis now.
Libyan dictator Mummar Qadaffi has launched an attack on his own country. Wow. This guy's a douchebag. Rebels in Libya, who want an immediate regime change, are asking the US and other world powers to intervene in Libya. The US, of course, doesn't want three wars going at once, so we're playing it cool.
Meanwhile, I've started a pool on how Qadaffi is gonna die. There's no question about it now: This guy's DEEEEEAD. There are a few varying opinions, such as the following:
• Tries to escape in stolen hot air balloon, shot down by surface-to-air missile, lands safely, but is beaten to death by infants.
• Gets feet tangled in wires of new doomsday device (fatal electrocution).
• Anonymous parcel delivered to door makes ticking sound, Qadaffi just thinks it's a new alarm clock.
• Covert CIA assassination by planting bomb in his ridiculous hat.
Then again, maybe I have to go in and do something about it. As I've said before, I'm a NINJA. Qadaffi would have nowhere to run if I went after him. However, I don't think I will. I like this whole news cycle. This guy is like Lex Luthor: He's humanity's first real-life supervillian.
That's what makes this all so scary.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment